Care for some high-class McDonald's chicken nuggets? Try this simple recipe. For a refreshing touch, I’ve added pineapple cocktail to the skewers & used Japanese mayo as dippers. The lovely mug was a gift from Celebrity Chef Bob Blumer’s Workshop. The red flower petal can be used as a coaster, lid or in this case, a saucer for my mayo. Have fun & enjoy the smell of cheese + herbs while you’re frying the tenders.
6 chicken breast/tenders
½ can of pineapple cocktail (optional)
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup breadcrumbs
1/3 grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs (beaten)
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried thyme
2 tbsp butter
Olive oil for frying
Pinch of salt & black pepper
- You can choose to use either breast meat or tenders. But if you’re using tenders, you may wanna remove the white tendon that runs along it. If you've difficulty handling a paring knife, try cutting it off with a pair of scissors.
- Use a meat 'hammer' to tenderize (pound) the meat.
- Cut meat into “nugget” size & add pinch of salt & pepper for taste.
- Set out 3 bowls. Place flour in one & beaten eggs in another. Mix breadcrumbs, Parmesan & herbs in 3rd bowl.
- Cover meat with flour, then dip in eggs & finally, roll in crumbs mixture.
- Heat oil & melt butter. Add meat when butter begins to sizzle. Cook approx for 3 mins on one side or till golden brown & do the same for the other side.
- Transfer nuggets onto plate. Remove pan from heat & add lemon juice. Stir to loosen brown bits on pan & let juice reduce. Drizzle over nuggets but take care not to overdo it or nuggets will not be crispy. Skewer the nuggets together with pineapple cubes & you’ve got your high-class nuggets as appetizers or snacks!