1 fresh live Spiny lobster (Spider)
Lobster stock (reserved from Steamed Lobster recipe)
1 small tray of fish bones
2 carrots (chopped)
2 stalks of celery
1 large onion (chopped)
300g tomato paste
200g Bulla thickened cream
3 tbs white wine/brandy
2 tbs flour
1 tbs olive oil
1 tbs butter
Salt & pepper
- Wash & boil the fish bone to prepare stock. Remove bones & set aside.
- Click on the link to see How To Prepare A Live Lobster.
- Take a deep breath. Position the tip of the knife blade & plunge it through to the cutting board to separate the lobster’s head & tail. Lobsters can have the body parts cut off & still be moving. Refrigerate to keep it fresh.
- Heat oil & add butter. Fry the vegetables till soft & transfer into the pot of fish stock.
- Add lobster & wine. Quickly remove the tail when it’s half-cooked.
- Using a sharp scissors, cut under shell of the tail section & pull out the flesh carefully. Put the meat aside & throw the shells back into the stock & simmer until liquid reduced by half.
- Remove shells & strain mixture by pressing gently down to extract liquid. Discard vegetables & shells but keep the head.
- Return liquid to pot. Add paste, parsley & simmer for another 15mins.
- When bisque is ready, stir in starch with cream. Stir over medium fire till thickened.
- (Optional) If you’re using brandy, you may wanna remove the pot from the heat & pour in the cognac before stirring in the flour (step 9). Ignite the cognac with a long kitchen match & let the alcohol burn off.
- Add the half-cooked lobster meat just before serving. Do not overcook.
- Add wine & season to taste. Serve piping hot & garnish with parsley.
To enjoy the delicious lobster roe, use a lobster pick or skewer & pick out the flesh & roe from the head.
Sauce for Steamed Lobster
- Mix well 1 tsp of flour with 1 tbs of water.
- Bring ½ cup of bisque to boil & add starch to thicken the sauce. Add a dash of wine to give flavour & dribble on to the Mouth-watering Lobster Tail.