Sarah Hepola, in a 2008 article in Salon.com, suggested a number of reasons, one of them being eating bacon in the modern, health-conscious world is an act of rebellion: "Loving bacon is like shoving a middle finger in the face of all that is healthy & holy while an unfiltered cigarette smolders between your lips". Hepola concluded by saying that "Bacon is American".
6 slices of Streaky Bacon
12 stalks of baby French beans
12 sticks of carrots
3 tbsp of corn flour
Pinch of salt & pepper to taste
- Remove prawn heads & shells & devein. Squeeze out roe, if any. It adds flavour. Rinse & drain prawns.
- Blend prawn with salt & pepper & mix well with roe.
- Spread prawn mixture on bacon, then lay vegetables on top .
- Roll bacon tightly.
- Coat bacon rolls with beaten eggs, then flour.
- Heat oil & deep-fry till crispy. Remove & serve.