Tomatoes & Potatoes - Vitamin B5 which is a big player in the production of red bloods cells in your body.
Potatoes, Carrots & Tomatoes – All great provider of Vitamin C which promotes the growth & maintenance of bones, teeth, skin & red blood cells, helps repair tissues & helps the body resist stress & infection.
You’ll even get your Sodium from the anchovies which is good for water balance, muscle contraction, energy production & stomach acid production. Anchovies are rich in healthy protein that is valuable for children & seniors; it’s also a good source of essential vitamins (vitamin E & D) & minerals (calcium & selenium).
For more vegetable nutritional facts etc, you may like to visit Specialty Produce featuring this recipe under their Carrots (Baby Bunch Round) & Potato (Sierra Gold) products!
To prepare for children, shape the vegetables to tickle their appetite. Jen, this one’s for your kid. Thank you for trying my Sushi Birthday Cake & I’m glad it was a success. Good effort especially for someone who rarely steps into the kitchen. Well, here’s another one…….
6 cherry tomatoes
2 stalks of spring onion (chopped)
100g of dried anchovies
1 tsp salt
5 peppercorns (optional)
Pepper to taste
1 tsp cooking oil
- Peel potatoes & carrots & slice them thickly. Boiling & heat destroy vitamin C, so for maximum health benefits, lightly steam the vegetables. Use cutter to shape them & set aside in a bowl of cold water. Do not dispose liquid from steaming. Instead, add to stock.
- Half the tomatoes & set aside.
- Rinse anchovies & lightly fry them with oil. Add into boiling water & simmer for an hour to prepare stock. Put in peppercorns at this point if you like.
- Peel & slice onions. Add together with anchovies to make stock. (Optional) You can choose to strain the stock & dispose the anchovies for younger kids or older folks.
- Put tomatoes into stock & simmer for another 10mins. Add steamed vegetables & spring onion into soup just before serving.
- ....... and here's your colourful & rich in vitamins soup for the whole family!