Almost all kids dislike vegetables & my son was no exception when he was younger. Try creating fanciful cartoon characters to divert their attention, it always work. I would use lots of vegetables & “mould” them into cute little shapes to add them to my son’s dishes those days. I'm delighted that this simple recipe has been featured @ Allrecipes Asia!
rare occasions, I do prepare for my guests’ young children. I guess practice makes perfect. I’m sure you can do a better job.
1 cup Penne
5 tbs of Tomato paste
5 tbs of Carbonara paste
3 shitake mushrooms
5 slices of fish (or any other)
1 slice of ham
2 slices of carrots
1 lettuce or cabbage leaf
1 tsp oil
1 tsp salt
Pepper to taste
- Add oil & salt to boiling water & add penne. Cook till soft, drain & set aside.
- Marinade fish with salt & pepper & set aside.
- Rinse & dice mushroom. Cut ham into small pieces. Also cut some into stripes for decoration. Boil 1 egg & cut into slices. Use the other egg to make a thin omelette. Blanch vegetable leaf & carrots.
- Divide pasta into 2 bowls. Mixed 1 bowl with tomato paste & the other with Carbonara.
- Tomato Penne - add fish. Carbonara Penne- add diced ham & mushroom. Mix well & microwave for about 3 minutes (ensure fish is thoroughly cooked).
- Scoop both pastas onto plate, keeping them separate. Head – cover carbonara with lettuce. Use the egg slices & add tiny seaweed to make Kero-Kero eyes. Use carrots to make the lips & hands. Body – Cover the tomato pasta with omelette. Use ham stripes to decorate the clothes. Voila! You’ve got your Keropi Pasta for your kid!