½ kg prawns
2 carrots (chopped)
1 large onion (chopped)
300g tomato paste
200g Bulla thickened cream
1 small tray of fish bones
3 tbs white wine
2 tbs cornflour
1 tbs oil
Salt & pepper
1. Wash & boil the fish bone to prepare stock.
2. Shell & devein prawns, reserving shells & heads. Chop the prawns.
3. Heat oil & cook the shells/heads till pink & set aside.
4. Heat butter & fry the onion & carrots till soft & add them into shells.
5. Add paste, parsley & stock & simmer uncovered for about an hour.
6. Strain mixture by pressing gently down to extract liquid. Discard vegetables & shells.
7. Return liquid to pot & stir in cornflour with cream. Stir over medium fire till thickened.
8. Add prawns, wine & season to taste & serve piping hot.